Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm startin up again, and I'll keep it going this time!

So, I decided I need to get this blog going again. I need to get my yummy recipes on here that I love. I have changed the name ( cuz my goofy sister thinks she stink's at blogging), whatever, we will still use her recipes because she is an amazing cook. Actually most everyone cooks well in my family. My 2 Karen sister's need to give me their yummy recipes too. They are fabulous cooks. I am going to be a little simpler this time and maybe not worry so much about taking pictures of the food, that's what messed me up the first time =).
Trust me though, if I post a recipe I promise you they are worth trying.
try them out and let me know what you think. I really love feedback on recipes.

Here's the first one for you, It's my "Cheesy Ham and Potato soup"

  1. 2 cups ham (diced)
  2. 4 large potato's (diced) and cooked
  3. 1 large red onion (diced)
  4. 4 green onion's (diced) use white and green parts
  5. 2 cups sour cream
  6. 1 family size can of cream of chicken soup
  7. 3 tbs. dijon mustard
  8. 2tsp. ground mustard
  9. 4 cups milk
  10. 1 cup swiss cheese
  11. 2 cups cheddar cheese
  12. 2 tbs. Cholula hot sauce ( my secret ingredient)

In a large bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, dijon mustard, ground mustard , and salt and pepper to taste. mix together and put to the side.

In a large pot sautee the ham, and onions together with a little salt and pepper. Add the cooked potato's untill combined. Quickly add the sour cream mixture to the pot. Combine well ( keep the temp. at med. high). Add the milk and whisk all together.

once the soup is warm add both cheeses, and the hot sauce. and, of course salt and pepper to taste. If you are like me you may want to add a little more hot sauce to it to give it a little more heat.

But that's it folks. Stir frequently until it is nice and warm and has simmered for about 15 min.

as always, let me know what ya think. I know my whole family gobbled this one up fast, and that's always a hit for me.

No comments: